My Glowing Fireflies!
Welcome back to ferventfireflies! If you’re new here I’m so happy to have you! Go ahead and subscribe to become a part of the family. If you don’t, no worries, I still appreciate you. Subscribe
It’s another week of playtime! So I always plan my inspirational posts for the month and try to come up with things I would love to do for playtime. Let me just tell you that half the ideas I plan, I never end up doing. Like this, for example, it never crossed my mind to do a stud holder that would be cute enough to be a gift. I had other ideas, as always, then I walked around my room and went OMG! I keep losing my studs and I always put them down then forget where I placed them. What if I just create a holder instead? Wala! Here we are today. I have made a cute, sparkly DIY that could easily be used as a gift. Let’s get started.
Stud Holder Needs
- Glittering laser paper ( leftover paper from the pack I bought to make the gratitude board here. Expect to see more blue sparkle in the future.)
- Sugar Board/ Card Board/ Any board that you can bore easily but isn’t too weak( leftover from the vision board I made here)
- Push pin( anything that can bore the holes)
- Cut a square 8×8 from the board and the laser paper.
- Place the ruler along one side of the board and make marks at 2,3,5 & 6 cm. Repeat for the opposite side of the board.
- Draw horizontal lines from one mark to the other.
- Use your push pin to make holes along the lines, where ever you would like your studs to be. I left a space of 2 cm between each pair of earrings.
- Paste your laser paper on one side of the board, and on the other side, push your push pin through the holes that were already created to bore your laser paper.
- Fill with jewelry.
In the case that you’re using a paper that you can easily mark on and remove such markings, then paste that paper on the board before making your markings and then bore your holes. So much quicker this way!
This is so easy and so cute. Can you imagine if you changed the blue paper to red paper and made the holes in the shape of a heart? Bam! You have a cute valentine’s day gift! Remember, you can always change the size to fit your needs and be careful not to stick yourself. You could also attach a stand, like those at the back of frames. Comment below your thoughts and the shape you went for. If you would like more sparkling ideas like this sent to your inbox, subscribe below! Until next time! Have a great week!