What's a vision board
A vision board is a collage of images and words representing a person’s wishes or goals, intended to serve as inspiration or motivation.
Vision board to me
Surprisingly, I have heard about vision boards only a few times in my life. I always thought, why place all my goals on a board? Why should I put everything I’m trying to achieve out in the open? Should I also have the flaws I want to improve mounted on a board? What if someone sees it?! Take a step into my room, and all my main goals will be waving hello.
If you’re a private person like me, you probably had the same thoughts. However, I’ve recently come to realize something. Writing what I’m going to do, in some crazy way, works out better than merely thinking it. Maybe it’s because your thoughts are constantly shifting. When you write down that task, it allows you to focus.
If your mind is always overwhelmed with random thoughts fighting each other for space, why not try a vision board? The Play-time category is for exploring. Let’s try a vision board together!
Why create a vision board?
Three Things to consider when creating a vision board
You need to decide the period your board is going to represent. Are you creating a vision board for this year? Are you creating one to represent your future? Maybe both.
Is your board going to be focused on your mental goals? What about your physical & spiritual goals? Choose your focus areas. Maybe you would like to make a board for each.
Are you a person that requires a board with which you can interact to stay on track? Do you like collages? Do you rather a more organized, minimal look?
How I created my vision board
As an overthinker, the last thing I wanted was a collage resembling my mind. I also knew I needed a vision with which I could interact. Otherwise, I would be creating a beautiful wall decoration. So I decided to make what I call a web of dreams. Yes, with black and white photos.
How This Vision board works
This board contains black and white photos pinned with colorful pins on what resembles a web. Once a goal is completed, the image will be printed in color. That image will then be cut to look like the eyes on peacock feathers. This picture will then replace the black and white one on the web. At the end of the process, you’ll be a proud peacock.
What you need for your vision board
Create Your Vision board (Images below to Further explain)
- Glue the edges of your board then carefully paste your cartridge paper from one end to the other. Rub your hand along cartridge while pasting to avoid bulges. If your using a bottle glue spread the glue evenly with your fingers to avoid glue lines under your cartridge.
- Choose one length(long end) of your board and draw a circle in the center. This is where you’ll place all your key words, affirmations or phrases.
- Using the ruler draw diagonal lines from the edge of your circle. Think sun. I used 4.
- Choose the distance of separation between your pins based on the size of your board and the amount of levels you desire. Increase your separation distance as you go up in levels.
- Mark off these distances on your diagonal lines. Place your pins at these areas.
- Cut a long enough piece of thread and tie it to the first push pin along the line.
- Wrap it around the others along that line then tie it to the end push pin. Repeat along the other lines.
- Use another piece of thread and tie it to the push pin starting a level, wrap it along those in that level then tie it to the last push pin. Repeat for others.
- Pin your selected photos.
- Bore a hole in the top if you wish to hang it.
Be very careful When using a thin board similar to mine. The ends of the push pins are on the other side. Don't be like me who forgot and pierced myself.
Remember, this is your vision board. Use any color you wish and add any design that represents you! Maybe you love glitter, paint or stones. Go crazy!